What Was Needed
Island Discovery’s website was difficult to upgrade for staff and volunteers. The school needed to update and reorganize their content significantly given the increased interest in online learning and home learning in 2020.
Not only that, the school needed help monitoring site security, automated back-ups, regular site maintenance, and local SEO.
After a consultation with the Principal and staff, we decided on these priorities:
- Updated site design
- Responsive WordPress theme
- Update to website copy and sitemap
- A teacher and staff directory that could be filtered by program and location
- A blog for announcements and posts by the Principal
- New web hosting for easier WordPress maintenance and staging during the project
- Significant upgrades in security and site maintenance
- Staff training for updating content
- Local SEO for Province-wide organic search